Personal information we collect
When you visit our Website, we collect certain information including personal data you provide when creating an account, making an inquiry or placing an order for products.
We also collect information when you interact with our Website including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, some of the cookies that are installed on your device and other unique device identifiers. Additionally, as you browse our Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Website and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
Additionally when you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase through the Website or communicate to us through our Website, we may collect certain information from you, including your full name*, billing address*, shipping address*, phone number*, payment information (including credit card numbers)*, email address*, passport number*, any government identity card* and social security number* (for U.S. residents residents only). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
* mandatory Personal Information
If you do not provide us with mandatory Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you access to our Website, supply our Products to you, or respond to your communications with us.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you, answer your queries and provide customer support;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- After receiving your requisite consent, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Ensure accurate record keeping for administration purposes;
- Satisfy requests from relevant authorities or public bodies where required to do so.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also use the Device Information we collect to ensure our communications are relevant and tailored to your preferences and expectations.
Personal Information collected by us may not be used for other purposes, unless:
- you have expressly given your consent to the use for the relevant other purposes;
- the purpose is directly related to the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected; or
- we are permitted to use the Personal Information for other purposes arising from an exemption or otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We may transfer your Personal Information to the following persons (in or outside Hong Kong):
- Our employees, officers, consultants and other independent contractors of Ronald Abram Limited;
- Shopify Inc., an IT service provider engaged by us to manage and maintain the Website and to process your orders made through the Website, its respective subsidiary and parent companies you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy;
- Payment intermediaries such as Shopify Inc. and its respective subsidiaries or other payment processors or facilitators whom we may engage to perform payment processes for us in respect of our Products or in the course of our business.
- Other service providers and data processors engaged by us such as:
- administrative service providers;
- IT services and software suppliers;
- data analytics providers;
- entry and processing service providers;
- cloud service providers;
- credit reference agencies; and
- website host providers;
- Our legal, financial and accounting professional advisors;
- Third parties involved in a potential sale, merger or acquisition of all or part of our business or assets including dissolution or bankruptcy;
- if we receive the requisite consent to directly market to you, marketing service providers;
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website-you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If we are obliged by law, to provide personal information in the investigation of suspected illegal activities if requested by police or any other relevant authority.
We do not sell Personal Information you provide to us to any third party.
If we transfer your Personal Information to other persons, we will ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information by including confidentiality or other contractual clauses in the agreements with third parties with whom we will share your personal data.
We may share your Personal Information with anyone other than as described above if we notify you and receive your consent beforehand.
Some persons to whom we transfer your personal data may be located outside Hong Kong, in locations that may not have in place data protection laws which are substantially similar to Hong Kong, and this may mean your Personal Information may not be protected to the same or similar level as that in Hong Kong.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of your Personal Information held by us, unless we are exempted from complying with a data access request; and
- request for us to make necessary corrections in respect of any Personal Information that you consider inaccurate after we have fulfilled a data access request from you. We may refuse a data correction request if we believe the Personal Information is accurate, an expression of opinion or the proposed correction is inaccurate.
If you wish to access or correct your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Personal Information will be stored securely.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We may also retain your Personal Information for a longer period if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with our contractual or legal obligations. Personal Information you have provided to us will be destroyed on expiry of this retention period.
Compliance with non-Hong Kong requirements
We may need to comply with personal data protection and privacy requirements of your home jurisdiction, which may be different from those of Hong Kong. Therefore, we may require your reasonable cooperation to enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to our processing of data in your jurisdiction of residence or incorporation.
If you refuse to provide the requested cooperation, we may have to take appropriate action to comply with the requirements of your home jurisdiction. The content of the relevant action will depend on the nature of the applicable requirements. However, we may not be able to provide our website to you or allow you to purchase Products unless we comply with applicable requirements.
Security of your personal information
Once we receive your Personal Information, we will use all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is stored securely and protected by us and our data processors against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Shop M1 Mezzanine Level, Central, Hong Kong, China.